We use our hands to complete hundreds of tasks daily, so when you’re suffering from wrist or hand pain it’s hard to accomplish even the simplest tasks. In fact, there are over 27 bones, 20 muscles and a number of ligaments, joints and tendons located in your hand and wrist. If one or more of these are injured, it can completely affect your mobility and function at work or at home. Whether a result of arthritis, sprain or carpal tunnel, the nagging pain can affect your daily routine and can continue for months.
Baudry Therapy Center’s physical therapists can help you determine the source of your wrist or hand pain and can treat you so you can live a pain-free life. Through manual therapy and therapeutic exercises, we help decrease pain and improve mobility to ensure proper biomechanics of all involved joints.
While the misuse and/or overuse of the wrist are the primary causes of wrist pain, there are many other causes to consider.
- Wrist Sprain
- Wrist Tendonitis
- Wrist Tenosynovitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Fracture
- Ganglion Cyst
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Carpal Boss
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
If you are unsure of the cause of your wrist pain, or if you do not know the specific treatment recommendations for your condition, you should seek medical attention. Some signs that you should be seen by a doctor include:
- Inability to carry objects or use the arm
- An injury that causes deformity of the joint
- Wrist pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Wrist pain that persists beyond a few days
- Inability to straighten or flex the joint
- Swelling or significant bruising around the joint or forearm
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth
- Numbness and tingling of the hands and/or wrists
Injuries We Treat
- Ligament Tears
- Nerve Entrapment
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Trigger finger)
- Wrist fracture
- Deformity(Swan Neck, Boutonniere deformity, Mallet finger)
If you are experiencing wrist or hand pain, Call Baudry Therapy Center to schedule a PT evaluation. Our therapists will help you understand how your hand works, determine the source of the pain, learn how to decrease the pain and help you develop the strategies to back in the game. Our therapy consistently ranks in the Top 5% in outcomes nationwide.