IP Recipe: Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Here is a great Ideal Protein recipe that can be used for all phases of the IP program: Lemon Garlic Shrimp. For more information on Ideal Protein, please attend the FREE information seminar tonight at Baudry Therapy Center at 5:30 PM and find out how you can lose weight safely and effectively. Simply call 841-0150 to reserve your spot.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
2. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
For more information on BRIO’s Ideal Protein program, CLICK HERE.