5th Day of Fitmas…The Bird Dog
On the 5th Day of Fitmas, my PT gave to me…a Bird Dog.
- Start in a quadruped position with hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles without moving at your pelvis.
- Lift your right leg behind you while extending your left arm in front of you with thumb pointed towards the ceiling.
- Maintain abdominal contraction and level pelvis throughout the entire movement.
- To insure that the pelvis is level you may want to balance a bottle of water in the small of the back.
- 10 x 5 seconds each side.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the next exercise!