Creating Good Luck Helps Achieve Goals
Do you believe in luck? Did you know that 7 out of 10 people think they are lucky? What is good luck anyway and how can it help you achieve your goals?
Rich Baudry recently spoke to the Big Easy /Fleur de lis Parkinson’s group and explained how luck can help Parkinson’s patients cope with the uncertainty in their lives and help them conquer the challenges of their disease.
Luck is the belief in a hope of something good happening. Luck is beating the odds. It is a combination of attitude and expectation.
Good Luck Helps Parkinson’s Patients
“When a Parkinson’s patient has hope, they are more optimistic and less likely to worry. Hope helps them focus on their goals and motivates them to do the necessary work to achieve those goals,” said Rich.
Everyone, especially Parkinson’s patients, can create their own “luck” through their thoughts and emotions. You can decide to focus on your greatest hopes or your greatest fears. The one you spend more time focusing on is the one that will most likely prevail. “Lucky” people focus on their hopes and dreams, not on fears and worries.
10 ways to create good luck in your life:
1) Stop worry in its tracks. Studies have shown that 90% of the things we worry about don’t happen and the other 10% we have no control over. Focus on the positive and stop worrying about things you can’t control.
2) Carpe diem – seize the day. Face your biggest challenges head on. Don’t let self doubt, fear, self-pity, anxiety, depression or anything else stop you! Win the day today!
3) Find your purpose. Everyone has gifts and talents. Find yours and share it with others. It could be as simple as making someone smile.
4) Use power postures/ body language. Two minutes of power posture will reduce cortisol levels (hormone that reduces stress) and increase testosterone (hormone that increases self-esteem, confidence, health, bone density).
5) Connect with friends and family. Spend time and engage with your loved ones. Take your kids or grandkids to the park. Ask them to exercise with you.
6) Surround yourself with good people. Have the right people on your team: family, friends, doctors, therapists, trainers, etc. Find the most positive people you know and hang out with them often. Connect with those who make you smile daily!
7) Add music to your life. Music makes you smile and improves your rhythm, coordination, and quality of movement. Do a little dancing and tap your feet.
8) Stimulate your brain. If you are a Parkinson’s patient, make sure to take your medicine regularly. Read a good book or do a puzzle. Find ways to challenge yourself mentally.
9) Exercise daily! It doesn’t matter what kind of exercise it is as long as it makes you feel alive. If you don’t enjoy it, you will not keep it up.
10) Have hope, faith, and love in your life. And live “lucky” every day!
Do you or a loved one suffer from Parkinson’s Disease?
One of the best things someone with Parkinson’s disease can do is exercise. Baudry Therapy Center therapists provide smart exercise designed specifically to help regain strength, balance, coordination, and your life back. Our LSVT BIG program is a well-researched, structured program which restores the quality of life for those affected by Parkinson’s Disease. Appropriate for any functional level – this program can change your life! We work with each individual to design an approach that meets his/her specific needs. There’s no time like the present. Take control of your situation and maximize your physical ability. Contact Baudry Therapy Center today!