We salute our seniors today on National Senior Citizens Day
We are so blessed to work with some of the most inspirational senior clients and want to salute these fine men and women today on National Senior Citizens Day by sharing some of their life advice with you.
When asked, “what’s your secret for living a fulfilled life,” our seniors shared the following:
- “I make sure to do some exercise everyday.” – RL
- “You have to have a lot of faith. I pray a lot.” – ES
- ” You just have to pick up your big girl panties and deal with it.” – SW
- “I try not to worry. I just keep trusting that everything will be ok.” – JH
- “I read and do crossword puzzles everyday.” – PR
- “I stay active with my church.” – MM
- “I stay involved with my grandchildren and what they do.” – EH.
What a wonderful gift to be able to work with such great people. We encourage you to salute your favorite elder today!
About National Senior Citizens Day
National Senior Citizens Day recognizes contributions senior citizens make in communities across the United States. It is annually observed on August 21.
Some people celebrate Senior Citizens Day on August 14 as it was the day past US president Franklin Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act in 1935. However, in 1988 Ronald Reagan, who was the US president at the time, declared August 21 to be National Senior Citizens Day.
This observance was established in honor of senior citizens in the US who made positive contributions in their communities. The day was also created to bring awareness of social, health, and economic issues that affect senior citizens.