Ideal Protein Recipe: Steak & Magic “Mashed Potatoes”
Looking for an alternative to high carb mashed potatoes; the same great taste without the high carbs? Look no further than this recipe! What looks like naughty mashed potatoes is really a cauliflower surprise!
Cauliflower (Want a more convenient option? Use frozen bags!)
2-4 tsp olive oil
1 oz milk (From your morning milk allowance)
Sea Salt + Black Pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic (to taste)
Optional: White Pepper and Herb Salt (like Mrs Dash or Herbamare)
Optional: 2 tsp horseradish (It gives a little kick and helps make the cauliflower taste change into a more rounded gourmet mashed potato flavor)
Optional: 1/8 to 1/2 tsp Chili powder (Use Indian chili powder for the best taste. Found at most Asian markets)
1. Roast cauliflower until cooked at 200-210 C for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. You can also boil it, but the taste will not be as rich as roasting. I recommend roast!
2. Add 1 oz nonfat milk to a blender or food processor
3. Add in the cauliflower and smash it down with a fork.
4. Add sea salt/ pepper to taste. (I use herbamare spicy, white pepper, black pepper, and rose pepper)
5. Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
6. Add other spices as desired.
7. If available, add 1 teaspoon imitation butter flavor
8. Blend until desired consistency. Both creamy and chunky versions are both excellent.
9. Add fresh parsley for garnish
Served with a fiery grilled eggplant (eggplant, olive oil, habañero tabasco, and indian chili with sea salt) covered with sliced paprika and rosepepper steak (Lehtipihvi) in photo.
You can also use broccoli for a different taste
Want a spicier version? Add 8 – 12 jalapeños. Serve with iced Peppermint Tea to cut the heat.
Learn More About Ideal Protein
Take control of your happiness…you deserve it. Our Ideal Protein experts can guide you on your journey to losing weight safely and effectively. Simply call 841-0150 to make an appointment. Refer a friend to join the IP program and you receive a $50 IP Product credit. For more information about Ideal Protein, contact us today!