There is nothing normal about the circumstances we find ourselves in. Our daily routines have been completely disrupted. But…what if that is a good thing? In order to grow, we must adapt to our new “normal” and create a daily routine that keeps us healthy and feeling well. Here are a few tips that can help restructure your new “normal”.
7 Tips to Restructure Your Daily Routine
- Plan time for yourself. Clear your head by meditating, praying, or using breathing techniques to divert attention away from any stress.
- Exercise regularly. Increase your movement. Find something physical you like to do and stick with it.
- Work hard. Whether that means working from home, homeschooling kids, or finishing those to-dos that have been on your list forever, make sure to give it your all!
- Enjoy social/ recreation time. FaceTime with a friend. Read a book. Pull out those paints.
- Start a journal of gratitude.
- Sketch out your plan for tomorrow. Make your to-do list with reasonable expectations. This will give you a sense of control, and reduce useless worry.
- Get better sleep! Turn off all electronics and try to get 7-9 hours per night.
What does your new “normal” look like? We’re here if you need help creating your new routine or setting your new goals. Give us a call at (504) 841.0150. We’re happy to help you find your BRIO!