Lymphedema is an accumulation of protein-rich fluid in an arm or leg. The most common form of lymphedema in the United States is a result of treatment from Breast Cancer. Treatments such as surgery, removal of lymph nodes, and/or radiation, can contribute to lymphedema problems.
The good news is that Lymphedema CAN be treated and managed. Baudry Therapy offers a program in Lymphedema treatment.
Occupational Therapist Jennifer Breaux Miller, OT offers an unparalleled program for the treatment of lymphedema.
Whether for education, treatment or both, Jen holds a wealth of information regarding the following lymphedema concerns:
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Short Stretch Compression Bandaging
- How to exercise safely and effectively
- How to take care of your skin
- How to use a compression pump
- Ordering day/nighttime garments for long term management
- How to restore range of motion in your arm after surgery
- How to return to your daily activities
- How to get along with lymphedema
- How to manage following Breast Cancer
If you or a loved one suffers with lymphedema, you want Jen Miller on your health care team. Call Baudry Therapy Center today to learn more about Lymphedema treatment.