If you are experiencing low back pain, you are not alone. At any given time, one in four people in the United States reports having low back pain. In fact, Americans spend an estimated $80 – $100 billion each year in hopes of easing their aching backs. But, the evidence is showing that many pricey treatments are often ineffective and can worsen or prolong the issue. A recent study published in the journal Health Services Research suggests utilizing physical therapy first may be a more effective solution, both from a treatment perspective and on the pocketbook.
Our physical therapists will design a treatment program that:
- Relieves pain or decreases your current pain level.
- Improves function and structural impairments in your spine and pelvis.
- Returns you to the activities you love as quickly as possible.
- Educates you on a maintenance program to prevent future back problems.
Types of Low Back Pain
Low back pain can be categorized into two groups:
- Acute Low Back Pain – pain less than 3 months old.
- Chronic Low Back Pain – pain lasting longer than 3 months.
Signs and symptoms of low back pain can include:
- Muscle aches and spasms
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that worsens with bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
Low Back Injuries We Treat
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Tumors of the Spine
Baudry Therapy physical therapists will perform a comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation to determine the source of the low back pain and will customize a plan to treat it accordingly. Treatment may include manual therapy, trigger point dry needling, mobilizations, and therapeutic activities, along with customized corrective exercises.
Our physical therapists provide hands-on treatment to loosen muscles and joints while educating our patients on proper posture and movement to decrease pain. We teach our clients proper stretching and strengthening exercises to restore mobility and strength, so they can get back to doing the activities they love.
If you are experiencing low-back pain, Call Baudry Therapy Center to schedule a PT evaluation. Our therapists will help you understand how your spine works, determine the source of the pain, learn how to decrease the pain and help you develop the strategies to back in the game. Our therapy consistently ranks in the Top 5% in outcomes nationwide.