1. 2 lbs of roasted red peppers with skin removed-( about 5-6 large peppers cooked)
2. 1 finely diced large bulb of fennel
3. 2 T. minced garlic
4. 2 t. fresh thyme
5. 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6. 2 T. Tomato Paste
7. 5 c. sugar free chicken stock
8. 1/4 t. onion salt
9. 1/4 t. garlic salt
10. Sea Salt + Pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium sized stock pot over high heat.
2. Next, add olive oil. Allow oil to heat for 1 minute.
3. Then, add garlic, thyme, fennel and dried spices. Saute until golden brown.
4. Adjust heat of pan to medium, then add roasted peppers to pan.
5. Next, add tomato paste- blending it into all other ingredients in pan.
6. Finally, add chicken stock, and simmer for 10-13 min
7. Add S+P to taste.
8. Lastly, remove soup from pot and place in blender ( I use my Ninja) and puree for 25-45 seconds.
9. Remove soup puree from Ninja, and serve warm.
10. Serve with optional garnishment, I used oregano.
A healthy diet is a major part of any physical therapy and weight management system
Ideal Protein is a four-phase weight management program in which BRIO’s professional coaches enlighten and educate while mentoring individuals through the weight loss process. We regularly feature recipes suitable for the Ideal Protein program and other weight loss programs. Want to learn more about how our fitness, wellness, and weight management services in Metairie can help your fitness and sports performance? Contact us today!