Recipe: Ideal Protein Asparagus
IP Recipe: Roasted Asparagus
Moms around the world have been saying for years, “Eat your vegetables. They’re good for you!” You know what…the Moms were right.
Vegetables are vital for the health and maintenance of our body, and may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke. But, they don’t have to taste bland. Here is a delicious Ideal Protein Recipe for Roasted Asparagus sure to tantalize your taste buds!
Ideal Protein Asparagus:
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 450`F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on the pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and then drizzle in the oil while whisking.
- Pour evenly over the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus gently with your hands to coat completely.
- Bake 14 minutes until fork-tender.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, about 6 spears each
Free Ideal Protein Seminar
Take control of your happiness…you deserve it. Join us tomorrow, July 22 at 5:30 p.m. for BRIO’s Free Ideal Protein Seminar and find out how you can lose weight safely and effectively. Let BRIO’s expert nutritionists guide you on your journey to greatness. Simply call 841-0150 to reserve your spot. Refer a friend to join the IP program and you receive a $50 IP Product credit. We look forward to seeing you there!