Growing older is a blessing, but it may bring on more aches and pain. Getting Physical Therapy FIRST helps eliminate pain and keeps you active and young at heart.
Have you been active all of your life and are now functioning differently because of aches and pains? We get it! This is totally normal. We all experience age-related changes, but you don’t have to give up your favorite activities. The key to managing the aches and pains of life is to be more proactive in your health. Paying more attention to how you prepare, perform, and recover from physical activities will go a long way. Granted, it’s important to recognize your limitations at every stage of your life.
Here are some simple steps to help you eliminate and prevent your pain:
- Identify the activity causing the pain. Once the source of pain is determined, start preparing and recovering better with dynamic warm-ups and proper stretching techniques.
- Stimulate the area in pain with manual massage to promote increased blood flow.
- Restore strength and movement with gentle stretching and light resistance exercises.
If the pain persists, come in for a PT evaluation. Age doesn’t have to sideline you for the rest of your life. Exercise is just as important in your twilight years as it is in your younger years. In fact, it’s been proven to reduce the effects of aging greatly. Furthermore, it can limit many of the risks associated with growing old.
The Benefits Of Physical Therapy And Exercise:
- Improved bone health, reducing the risk for osteoporosis;
- Improved posture and stability, reducing the risk of falling.;
- Increased flexibility, mobility, range of motion, and overall independence.
You can enjoy all of the activities you love as you grow older. Establishing a relationship with a local Physical Therapist FIRST can help you navigate the aches and pains of life and keep you active. Baudry Therapy Center | BRIO is here, local and open. We are your trusted health resource. Give us a call when you feel pain and we can help guide you to make the best health decision. One of our PTs will see you within 48 hours and customize a treatment plan for you.