Workplace Wellness: Eliminate Pain at your Desk
Workplace Wellness: Eliminate Pain at Your Desk
Sitting at a desk all day can really take a toll on the body, especially your back. The lack of mobility and incorrect posture can contribute to aches, pains, and eventual injuries. Our friends at the American Physical Therapy Association have developed some great tips that we want to share with you so that you can achieve workplace wellness.
Working at a computer station while using the keyboard for hours on a day to day basis can result in poor circulation to joints and muscles, it can also create an imbalance in strength and flexibility of certain muscles, and muscle strain. These issues can be easily remedied by taking frequent short breaks, or “micro breaks,” throughout your day.
- Get out of your chair several times a day and move around—even for 30 seconds
- Roll your shoulders backwards
- Turn your head side to side
- Stretch out your forearms and your legs
Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks for great exercise videos you can do to achieve workplace wellness. If you already have pain, try these physical therapy interventions for relief:
- Joint and soft tissue mobilizations to reduce knots, cricks, and spasms.
- Dry needling to reduce trigger points and normalize movement patterns.
- Postural exercises.
- Ergonomic assessment.
If you or someone you love experiences back or neck pain, please call Baudry Therapy Center today at (504) 841-0150! Living with pain is not the best solution!
Source: APTA MoveForward