Neck and Back Pain at Work
This is one of our favorite quotes:
As Albert Einstein wisely stated, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.”
If you sit at a desk all day, and struggle with back or neck pain this is for you. Stop the insanity. Create healthy work habits and eliminate unnecessary neck and back pain.
To get you started, here are 5 tips to decrease neck and back pain at work:
- Get a back support for your chair. There are 8000+ back supports out there on the market. Find one that feels good and use it. Or simply roll up a bath towel and use that. The key is to hold your pelvis upright and support the curves of your back.
- Clear the space under your desk. If the space under your desk is cluttered you have no room to move your legs around. Make sure you have room for your feet to be firmly planted on the ground.
- If you use a phone at work get a headset. Holding the phone between your shoulder and ear promotes bad neck and back postures and results in pain and trips to the physical therapist.
- Sit less move more. The average person sits anywhere from 9-15 hours per day! It’s no wonder we have neck and back pain. Get up more often, shift your posture, move around.
- Have a set of reliable stretches/movements that you use throughout the day as needed to get relief.
Back and neck pain at work is a huge problem, leaving workers tired and less productive. Many of these problems are the result of unhealthy work habits. Baudry Therapy Center offer simple solutions for neck and back pain at work. For more information on work ergonomics, corporate wellness, healthy habits, or neck and back pain, call us. Let us help you add more BRIO to your life!