Dominique Wessel is a loving mother to three amazing boys. In 2003, her youngest son Ben became sick with Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) soon after his third birthday. JDM is a rare, life-threatening autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system rejects its own tissue, muscle, skin, GI lining and blood vessels.
On the 12th Day of Fitmas, my PT gave to me…a Side-Lying Upper Trunk Rotation.
- While lying on your side, flex the top hip to 90 degrees and support the knee with a ball or foam roller.
- Start with your arms together, then rotate the top arm and shoulder.
- Maintain contact between your knee and the ball/roller.
- 3 x 20 seconds each side
On the 11th Day of Fitmas, my PT gave to me…a Half Kneeling c Rotation.
- Kneel down with one knee on the pad and the other leg up.
- The foot on the ground should point straight forward.
- With your hands behind your head, rotate toward the up leg, maintaining a tall posture and keeping the hip, knee, and ankle in line.
- 2 x 10 reps each side.